Friday, March 14, 2008

West Virginia Tourism


I'm now in Elkins in Randolph County. Much has changed in the last two years. Elkins now has many small shops of interest to tourists. They also have a Wall-Mart which is good if you want to live cheap. For a Canadian, being able to buy a decent wine for your hotel room locally is great. I got salad greens, cheeze, dip and crackers as well as an excellent red wine very economically just a few minutes from my room at the Super 8 Motel on 219 South.

Tomorrow I have a book signing at Main Line Books, 301 Davis Ave. Considering the mix of sentiment on my local true crime book, I might be sporting a black eye after that. Let's hope the owner of Main Line Books, Vickie Roidt has a sense of humor.

I'll be hightailing it back to Morgantown for my flight home Sunday unless I'm in the Elkins hospital!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am interested in reading your book, to see why someone I know is on the cover of the book with the killer. I know him as a kind gentle man that works hard to take care of what's left of his family. As for some of the comments made about how we speak and our culture. If you don't like it, don't come back. Besides you need to learn to spell. I hope the book is written with better literacy than portrayed on this site.

In Barbour County,
INWONDER

M M Stoddart said...

To INWONDER,

I appreciate your interest in the book. Once you have read it I hope you will recognize the significance of the sub-title on the cover photo.