Friday, March 14, 2008

More on West Virginia

My internet connection was slow so I had to post the last message before it froze.

I was on Huntingington when I posed last. I stayed at the Quality Inn for the first night. It was super. They had reburbished the hotel, really more of a motel. It had a mini fridge, and a microvave as well as high speed internet. What more do you want in a night's stay?

The next night I stayed at the pricey Pullman Plaza. No mini fridge. No microwave. Bigger room. Highly indifferent staff. I guess the complimentary two drinks and breakfast made up for that. No parking unless you opt for vallet parking. That was OK but I always feel uneasy when I can't see my car.

I expect Huntington will be a wonderful tourist destination in another year when the renovations are completed and the staff at the hotel get it.

Tamarak in Beckley was amazing. If you want to get a taste of what West Virginia artisans are capable of go there!!!!

More to follow.

No comments: