Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tour in West Virginia

Today marks the half way mark in my book tour of WV. Slow internet connections and an aging laptop have prevented me from posting progress to date.

Morgantown was amazing. A great city full of exciting cultural events. Parkersburg was comfortble and reminded me of hometowns along the St. Lawrence river. Friendly people everywhere. Charleston is busy and seems like a city in the throws of change.

On my way to Beckley today and the legendary Tamarack artisan center. Thursday I will be at Empire Books and News in Huntington before moving on to Elkins.

Hope to post again soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy Tamarack...My husband is a potter and does the face jugs and mugs. Hope you were hungry and had some of their delicious food.

Mary Jane Jughead Pottery

M M Stoddart said...

Hi Mary Jane,
The pottery was great! I enjoyed Tamarack immensely. I spent a couple of hours there and didn't even see everything. Bought some gifts for my grandkids. Hope to go back next time I visit WV.