Sunday, January 6, 2008

So...I have read The Rough Guide to Blogging by Jonathan Yang and scanned through Getting Noticed On Google by Ben Norman. I have a somewhat clearer idea what I'm going.



Still thinking, what can I talk about that someone would want to read.

There are so many important issues on the daily plate.



Now that I'm retired and self-employed, how do I choose my agenda for the rest of my life. I am standing in a candy store of choices. It all takes time and money.



Money, that's the other issue of concern to a retired person. There is no end to the advice available on saving for retirement but when you get there how do you spend it so you get to do what you want when you are still able to enjoy it and still keep money for when you are feeble and in need of care?



I have a pension that gives me a modest monthly income and some savings. I have written a book in the first six years of retirement that could earn some money but -- promoting it will create expenses that may wipe out my savings. What to do?



Wallace D. Wattles has written several books, The Science of Getting Rich, The Science of Being Well, The Science of Being Great. I highly recommend these. Do a google search or look on Amazon for them. I found mine at Costco. These books have changed my thinking and banished mid-life doubt and depression.



In a nutshell, he says to go ahead and spend what you need to and trust that the universe, the universal mind, will replenish your resources as long as your motives are for the good of all.



Isn't that the what blogging and internet based information exchange can do? Anyone with access to a computer can have a voice. We all get richer by helping each other. Linking and promoting each others works. Putting aside competition. Forgetting the concept of climbing above another and adopting the philisophy of helping each other over the hurdles. If we profit at the expense of another the human race stands still. If we profit while helping others to better their circumstances, we all benefit.

Time to make dinner. Back to this later.

No comments: